Bee pollen is ordinary pollen grain (exine removed) collected from any flower mixed with bee saliva and nectar. Pollen grains can be harvested and utilized to create food supplement. This is due to the fact that pollen gain consist of nutrient materials so that it may provide energy to male gametes present inside. It’s composition is : 60 percent carbohydrates, 20 percent protein, 7 percent water and 6 percent minerals.
- Bee pollen is extensively used by athletes, weight lifters and body builders to improve stamina and revitalizes our body. The effects are immediate.
- It also improves digestion and provides us with enzymes and essential amino acid.
- Bioflavonoids, which are anti oxidant are found in abundance. It lower down cholesterol level in our body.
- It may improve our body immunity as it has variety of antioxidant in abundance. These antioxidants removes toxins from blood and reduces immunity stress to healthy levels.
- Dr. Lars-Erik Essen, a Swedish dermatologist said “external use of bee pollen stimulates cell renewal with its high concentration of the nucleic acids RNA and DNA.” Dr. Lars-Erik Essen also reports on the anti-aging effects of bee pollen. He says that bee pollen promotes increased blood flow to guard against dehydration and smooth away wrinkles. Bee pollen consumption complements topical bee pollen usage.
*Note- It is advisable to refer a doctor or other relevant website before consuming the this product as it may cause allergies